Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

Revit

As you all know, Revit is a perfect program for creating a 'working' drawing as it models your design at the same time. I on the other hand prefer to draw my 3d in CAD and import it into Revit to render a basic scene as it is quick and easy...no fuss

Last week i attempted rendering my interior scene... not an easy task. After hours and hours of tweaking settings, i finally managed to get my interior on the go. First off i noticed that Revit cannot handle complex geometry - thus causing the application to CRASH!
i managed to rectify the issue by removing the imported blocks and then having to redraw them in a very basic manner.

Its really weird how revit can export its scenes to other applications, yet you cannot import scenes into revit (excluding CAD).

I don't really have the best experience with Revit, but i find it being very restrictive... for example: i imported my 3d CAD scene, not problems, but when i had to start placing lights to lighten my scene...only 3 lights types were available, the others could not place themselves - constant error messages. I had to use multiple M studio lights...this however resulted in shadows from many different angles... giving me a unsatisfactory result.

Next week we start with Max, and I'm sure it will be a whole lot better and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment